The Time in Arizonaa!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 30?! You aint seen nothing yet!


Hello Everyone! This week was way more exciting then last week, I got over some sickness, flu stuff and now feeling A LOT better then I was. I'm so excited to tell you all the great things that happened this last week!
Like normal, all the typical things that happened on Mondays occurred. Email, laundry, cleaning, and groceries. BUT we also played half and half basketball/volleyball. We also ate dinner with this new ward member, they just moved here from Tuscan, and so we got to know them! On our way home we were driving and this NICE BMW pulls off 202, and we are like... of course its someone from the east coast, and he's from Michigan. So we pull up, and we are just staring at the car cuz its SUPER nice, and the guy in the car rolls down his window and starts talking to us... we are like Oh dang!! So we just rolled down our window too. He asked us why we were driving so slow and we just told him we were going the speed limit. Because we were, but we were also staring at his car. LOL.  He tells us to pull over in the light so we can talk to him.. we then tell him that we are missionaries, and then he says... "Well, what if I wanna go to ya'lls church?". Yes, so we pulled over and talked to him. We found out his name, and where he lived. He told us he wanted to go to church, so we got his number so we could text him the address.  It's cool to think that if we wouldn't gone home at the time we did, we wouldn't have talked to him and he wouldn't have had the opportunity to hear about the gospel.
Tuesday was great, we had district meeting like normal, but it was one of the Zone Leaders birthday! So we went out to In-n-Out! (Mom, don't be jelllyyy! ;] ) Well, our whole zone ended up getting paid for! SWAAAEEEETTT!  P.S. Mom, I haven't had in n out since I was in Utah back in March.  :P  Later that night we had dinner with one of my favorite families in the MT. Ranch ward. The Bawdens! Cutest kids ever. Well we shared a message with them after the dinner, and  Brother Bawden asked his oldest son, graham to bare his testimony.. (He's 4) So, the cutest and funniest thing ever happened!!!  He said these exact words. " I know my family is real, I know the missionaries are real, I know the church is real,.. I know the earth is fake.." Hahaha, cutest kid EVER! So funny too. But it was a fun night.
Wednesday night we had splits with the young women. SUPER awesome! I got to go with a 17 year old named Sierra, it was a really cool experience for me, because she is my Sisters age. It made me think of what kind of impact I had on her, as a missionary. She told me later that night that she was 75% sure she was going on a mission and that I had helped her boost that decision.
Thursday we had an appointment with a Recent Convert. He is leaving for his mission in 2 weeks, and has been a convert for a year!! What faith!! He leaves for Mexico, we answered all the questions he had about missionary stuff and was able to help him with things that he might need. Later that night we had dinner with another member family. SUPER missionary minded family. They have a family that they have been talking to about the gospel, so hopefully we'll be able to see something happening soon with them!
Friday we had Jacob's lesson, which was great! Jacob is Matthew's little brother. (The boy that recently got baptized) He's 9 so its a little more challenging to teach about gospel concepts, but it should be fun, lots to learn from too! :) We went over to the Sanchez families house to make some rice crispies, and we used them to BOO (Halloween version) people's houses. Its kinda like a ding, dong, ditch concept. Anyway, we BOOed some potential investigators house's which was fun. :)
Saturday was just a normal Saturday, until we got the text from our zone leaders that the GILBERT TEMPLE OPENING IS ON JANUARY 18TH 2014!!!! (That's my birthday!!) SO I'M SUPER EXCITED!! Anyone is welcome to come to tour the temple from January 18th to February 15th. :)
Sunday was great, in both wards that we cover, there were primary programs! SO CUTE! This was one of my favorite songs they sang. It was definitely touching :')
If the Savior stood beside me,
would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments,
and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously
if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me,
would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind
if He was never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more rev’rently
if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?
He is always near me,
though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person
that I know I’d like to be
if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me.
Love that song, a good way to end the week. Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Sister Lindsay Holcomb <3

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SEND LETTERS!

4776 E. Guadalupe Rd.
#2046
Gilbert AZ, 85234

1001 N. Burk st.
Gilbert AZ 85234

No comments:

Post a Comment