The Time in Arizonaa!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Week 39 - This week was packed full of miracles! Christmas ones, maybe?


I'd like to start of this update with a quote that we had in church yesterday that I read, that I really liked.
 
"We cant fully understand the meaning of Christmas unless we understand the meaning of the Savior's life, Atonement, and Resurrection. I cannot think about the birth of the Savior without thinking of His words to Pilate 'To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth hearth my voice' (John 18:37) As we begin the Christmas season, may we consider the scriptural prophecies about the Savior. They are not just odd statements of coincidence; rather they are profound statements of purpose and promise about His life and mission and what He means for each of us"
 
This week was awesome, but crazy all wrapped up into one. But that's what makes missionary work so much fun.  Monday was just a normal pday along with Sister Stovall packing because of her leaving and going to Gilbert (Temple View Zone). We got these sweet new sweatshirts!!  We got to also go to the Temple lights with some members and we had a great last trip with the Sanchez's!
 
Tuesday we had normal district meeting, and more packing!
 
Wednesday was transfer meeting and I got my new comp! Her name is Sister Minkler and she's from North Dakota! She's been out for about 4 months. After that we went to the Gilbert Temple and took pictures as a mission.



 
Thursday we got to go to the Mesa Temple as a mission and after that we had a Christmas party with our mission and every zone performed a skit! It was super fun! Oh and in case your wondering what the muddy drink is... Its called a dirty Dr. pepper. Its SUPER yummy. (; 


 
Friday we had planning and a lesson with Donna! She's on date for baptism for the 11th of January!
 
Saturday and Sunday were super busy as well, appointment after appointment! How awesome that was! We were all on bike too, so we bike about 30+ miles the past couple days!
 
I love this time of year, because of the love of the Savior everyone seems to pick up. This time of year truly testifies of why I'm here. Because of the birth of Christ, I am here. Without His birth, there would be no gospel of Jesus Christ, for Him I'm truly grateful to be able to be out here to preach his gospel to everyone that is in need of it. I love the Savior with all my heart and I hope all of you remember the true meaning of Christmas





 
Hope you all have a great Christmas!
 
Love,
Sister Lindsay Holcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment