The Time in Arizonaa!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 11 Already?

Hello!!

This week has been crazy.  The ward members are super awesome and I would be sad to leave if I was leaving this next transfer.  Since everything has been so crazy because of all the changes happening in a month there is about a 95% chance that I will be training already!  This week will be 3 months of me being out and Ill be training a new missionary!!  But this week was pretty good. There was a few trials here and there, but its all a good learning experience.

There was actually something read in church yesterday:  "When we seek God's will, we follow a course in which there will be no failure".  That doesn't mean that there won't be trials and that everything is going to be easy but that everything will fall into proper place if we do choose to follow God's will.  It just really stuck out to me because as missionaries we face trials everyday but because everything that happens is God's will we just keep pushing through.  When was a time that we yielded to the God will?

We had a church tour with Jennifer this week, and it was really neat to see that the spirit had touched there hearts. That was the first church tour that I had done and once we got into the chapel the spirit was totally there.

We had met with Jennifer 5 times this week and she's learning so much.  She's been reading the Book of Mormon and prayed about a baptism date. The only thing thats really holding her back is the fact that her parents and grandparents are busy on Sundays and they expect her to go with them.  So she hasn't gone to church yet, just the church tour.  She's been making lots of friends though with the YW.

This last week was also the last interviews that President Howes was doing with the whole mission. We get a new mission president on July 1st.

All in all I'm just really nervous to train!  But the Lord defiently qualifies who he calls, so if that's what Im supposed to do, Ill do it.

Something that I want to end with which I think is really cool to think about.  WE (each of you reading this) were put on earth in the time period you are supposed to be.  God chose you because you were one of his strongest children.  It's 2013... He could have put us on earth in any of those 2,013 years after Christ came or even before Christ came but He knew that we would be able to survive these days.  Isn't that cool?  I do. :)


Anyway, time to go!  I really do appreciate all of you that take the time to write me or email me.  It means alot!!

Love you all & Hope everyone has a great week!

♥, Sister Holcomb :)


P.S. This is my district on P-day playing basketball :)

(Left to Right): Elder Loomis, Ash, me, Sister Collins, Elder Hall and Kloepher! 





No comments:

Post a Comment