The Time in Arizonaa!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

12 weeks, or 3 months out... I'M TRAINING! I'm gonna be a mommy.

Hey Everyone!!

This week was super fast and busy, and full of many tender mercies!

Well first of all, I got the call last night that I will be training! I will be staying in the same area though, so if you want to write me a letter its still the same address.

4776 E. Guadalupe Dr.
#1036
Gilbert, AZ 85234

Friday we were able to go to the Visitors with Jennifer.  It was a great and very spiritual experience.  We were able to watch the Restoration and you could tell that she felt the spirit.  We also showed her the Mesa Temple and she told us that she felt the spirit there too.  She told us that she liked the fact that we can spend eternity with our families through the gospel.  It was a really special experience to be able to do that.




We also had a lesson with a former investigator scheduled for Friday but it fell through.  But like my motto is, everything happens for a reason and it did.  We ended up outside the apartment complex at another investigator and a less active member is driving by and sees us and asked us if we needed any water?  Of course we did.  Plus we had been trying to meet with her ever since I had arrived in the area 12 weeks ago.  So we get inside and we talk for a little and she tells us that she's been doing good but she is struggling a bit. We didn't really ask anything, when she tells us that she has cancer.  We talked some more and asked if we could read a scripture.  Mosiah 24:8-15.  After sharing she started crying.  We then knew that she really trusted us and started talking about many things of why she's been struggling.  Just to keep things confidential we won't go into details.  In a nutshell, she's been struggling from anti-ing from her co-workers and that she feels that because her cancer has come back she is very angry with God.  She told us that she's been struggling for the past few months about her knowing for herself if this church is really true and she asked for our help.  We had shared a couple more scriptures with her and told her that she really needed to qualify herself for the answers by attending church, reading her scriptures daily, saying her prayers and truly wanting to know for herself if this church was true.  That night she sent a text asking what scriptures we had shared that day and we told her three.  The last one, we were inspired to share with her.   She then replied and told us that the last scripture we gave her was the scripture that her patriarchal blessing was marking.


So we go by the next day and we brought the Restoration movie because we knew that would help her. When we started the movie the dog was on her patio, barking.   She said a little prayer in her mind, that if the church was true, to have her dog stop barking. (she told us this afterward)  She told us during the first vision,when Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus that her dog didn't bark anymore.  And she told us she knew it wasn't coincidence because of the scripture and because what she felt.  She told us she knew it was true.  It was amazing to see what can happen, when the Lord's hand is really in place.

I'm so grateful the opportunity to serve a mission, and to be able to touch people's lives with this true Gospel.  I know it's true because I've prayed about it.  I know that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ.  I know the power of prayer and the Holy Ghost is real.  I'm grateful for it everyday.  I know that I wouldn't be out here if I didn't know it was true.  And that's why I'm out here, because I do know its true.  I love this gospel so much and I want all of you reading this to know, that God loves each and everyone of us. He knows us individually and wants us to have to chance to return to him again.  The Atonement is real.  I've seen the power of it in my life and others.  I love you all and miss you so very much.  I say that in the the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



1 comment: