The Time in Arizonaa!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Week 19, Book of Mormon challenge week!

Hey Everyone!

Another week has sped by, seems like just a few days ago I was emailing home about last week.. This week has flown by! I hope all of you are doing great! I'm happier then ever!

This week we did lots and were VERY productive. We contacted over 100 people and set up lots of appointments.

We saw some scorpions and coyotes..




We had 2 lessons with one of our investigators. We talked to her about the plan of salvation, and invited her to be baptized. She said that she would keep praying about it. We asked her if she would pray with us right then, so we did. We got on our knees. And after the prayer we just sat there in silence.. and waited.. and waited... for 20 mins. She started praying again. After the prayer a second time we got up and we asked her if she felt anything and she just said that she'd keep praying. We fasted yesterday for her. To help her find her answers to her prayers.

I got food poisoning... NOT FUN!

We had a temple trip with our zone! So awesome! Its the last one with our Zone Leader, Elder Loomis. He goes back to ID after this transfer!

We gave away a grand total of 12 Books of Mormon. And our District gave away 87, and our Zone gave over 100 away. :)

We found out on Saturday, we have 850 miles to use this month for our car. Kinda nice. :)
We taught 4 teenagers about the importance of the Book of Mormon, and they accepted one. They really did seem intrested and it was cool. :)

5 months already?! I can't believe I've been out that long...

And to all my friends that aren't members of this church, I just wanna tell you something. I love this church with all my heart. That's the only reason I'm out here. Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. I'm definitely not a perfect person, but I know that through the Atonement of Christ that I can become more like him everyday. Easier said then done, I know. But the reason that I'm on a mission is because I WANT to become more like him. A mission, to be 100% honest is not a easy thing. I'm not just down in Arizona vacationing, getting a nice tan and studying about church alot. I'm down in Arizona, telling people about what I know to be true. How its blessed my life, how we can spend eternity with our family, and how through the Atonement we can become better and be able to return to live with God again.  Its hard, and somedays I DO wanna give up and just go home. But because I know all the things I do, and want all the blessing that God has in store for me, I stay and continue the work of the Lord. I CAN DO HARD THINGS! I love all of you. I hope all of you are doing well. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment