The Time in Arizonaa!

Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 71, Time is just passing too quickly....


This week zoomed by for us! We had our mini missionary until Wednesday night, and of course saw miracles up the WAZZUUU. Last Monday, we went to Trader Joes, which was AMAZING! All healthy food! ♥♥♥ We were able to see miracles everyday!

Thursday we contacted a lot, and we were able to have the opportunity to meet with families that have missionaries out! It was great, the finding idea that President Nattress had with the Apostolic promise, he wants us to apply to the missionaries that are out in the field from our wards.  We haven't been able to follow up yet, but we will be next week! :) Had the last lesson with Alex G. Before his baptism & headed home!

Friday was a little more fast of a day than we thought! It was quite the day, We had contacted some people, and then headed to planning. Dinner, then more contacting, but lots of fun because Sister Farmer and I made a game up to keep our minds occupied from the heat! haha.

SATURDAY! Probably one of the most glorious days of the week! We heard the alarm clock beep a little bit earlier because we got up and had a stellar time and a great turn out at the Ward Block Party Breakfast Feed! We had 25 non members come & 4 less active families show up! There were over 250 people there!












We ended the night with Alex's baptism! THE SPIRIT WAS SOO STRONG! I cant tell you enough times how much I love feeling that! There were many tears, and so much happiness, that was also a huge success because over 150 people were there as well! Alex had asked me to do the musical number for his baptism, so I played "Come Thou Fount" with my guitar, but it was so hot in the room that the guitar went out of tune, luckily the spirit was still there and I just sang louder so no one would notice ;) He is now confirmed and will be receiving the Priesthood next week! :)



Alex with his friend, Sean, that got to baptize him.


I can't tell you enough how much I love missionary work, and how much I want to stay longer! I love the feeling and the opportunity to serve the Lord, just a portion. I hope all of you find ways to strengthen and lift each other this week! I know that God is real and that he is aware of our needs. One of my favorite scriptures is Proverbs 3; 5-7. If you don't know it, look it up! It will change the way you see or think about things! I know He loves each of us! Here's something really cool that I found when I was studying this morning :)

"We can choose to humble ourselves by....
- receiving counsel & chastisement
-by forgiving those who have offended us
-by rendering selfless service
-going on a mission and preaching the word that can humble others
-getting to the temple more frequently
-by confessing and forsaking our sins and being born of God
-by loving God, submitting our will to His and putting Him first in our lives"

-Pres. Ezra T. Benson

Anyway, I thought this was interesting, but hopefully it changes your perspective on something! I love you all, have a great week! :)

-Sister Holcomb ♥


-- 
-Sister Holcomb-
Gilbert AZ Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment