The Time in Arizonaa!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 73, MIRACLES ARE FOR REAL!


Wow, just another one of those amazing weeks in this missionary bliss. :)
Monday was great! We had a really great FHE with a less active family and a member family. We taught about, 1 Nephi 4, and how faith can overcome doubt! Tuesday there was a storm, and it rained and hard! We got to our dinner, and we were just dripping, but it was fun!

Wednesday we had zone conference, that was quite the highlight of the week for sure, but it was also kind of a bummer because I was faced with the reality that I will be going home very soon. It all hit me at once, along with the spirit. But it was overwhelming. Haha. I was able to really understand the importance of my mission, though and understand how it has had a huge impact on not only the people that I have been able to serve, and bring into the gospel, but what a huge change has brought about to me personally.

I'm going to skip forward a few days, to Friday, we had a bunch of success. We did splits with the Laurels and were able to get a lot done. We also, had the chance to clean the church building/visitor reception center by the temple! So we got a rooftop picture with part of the zone that came to help clean! 
Saturday was the same, we got lots of lessons & were able to talk to a lot of people! Saturday we also had dinner with the Gallups and guess what?! They surprised us with SUSHI!!!! GLORIOUS! It was marvelous, considering I haven't had sushi in ages! :)

Sunday was a pretty great day too! We did the normal route to get everyone to church, and then headed to church for 3 hours. Had lunch with the Christensen's and then headed back to church! Super miracle though! We had 3 people at church, and they all want to take the lessons! Its so exciting to see the people that are prepared for the gospel :) We finished the night with going to the fireside with Linda! Miracle in itself! It was so great, the picture with Linda is with all the missionaries that have ever taught her in the past year :)

I love this gospel and blessings I see everyday as a missionary! I'm excited to come home and tell all of you the great and wonderful experiences I've had! :)

Have a great week! ♥
-Sister Holcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment